Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The MLB postseason post

It's that time of year again. Time for the leaves to turn from green to varying shades of yellow and red, time for college football to hit the halfway mark, and time for playoff baseball. Playoff baseball is so much more fun for me when the Cardinals are involved. However, this year I just don't see it happening for my beloved Redbirds. Despite having the best 1-2 pitching punch in Chris Carpenter and Adam Wainwright, and the best hitter on the planet in Albert Pujols, I'm just not convinced the supporting cast can help the club get past the Dodgers. I'd obviously love to be proven wrong, but here's my guess about the playoffs:

LDS

Dodgers in 4
Phillies in 4
Yankees in 3
Red Sox in 5

LCS

Phillies in 6
Yankees in 5

World Series

Yankees in 5



All that having been said, GO CARDINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: