Friday, April 24, 2009

Welcome!

If you've happened upon my blog, then welcome! I decided to start one up on somewhat of a whim; been thinking about it for awhile, figured I might as well go for it. I'm not planning on updating daily or even on any periodic schedule, but hopefully I'll be able to get around to it enough to make it interesting. A couple of things about me and what I hope this blog does:
  • I'm 24 years old (25 in May) and a graduate student at the University of Georgia getting my master's in bioinformatics
  • I got my bachelor's degree at Auburn University, and thus, I am very passionate about Auburn athletics (particularly football); I'm also very passionate about the St. Louis Cardinals and somewhat passionate (I guess fairweather) about the Oakland Raiders
  • I figured out that my life is so exciting, people wouldn't be able to resist reading my random ramblings and musings about the world!
  • Usually, I'll opine about different topics: sports, music/entertainment, science, news, and occasionally politics
Hopefully, you'll enjoy this enough to keep coming back. Although I am using this as a way to express my outlook on life and the world, I hope that I get people to stop in and read. Plus, I'm always looking for a new blog or website to waste my time on, so if you've got one of those for me, I'll be happy to take a gander at it myself. Well, I guess that does it for now, happy blogging!

P.S. If you're wondering about the title of this blog, it's pretty simple and didn't take long for me to think of. When I was at Auburn, most of my fraternity brothers got in the habit of calling me J-Dizzle (I guess ebonics for J.D.). One time, my parents were coming into town for a little while, and we were all going to have a big dinner one night. Afterwards, one of my fraternity brothers told me he had to resist the urge to call my parents "Mr. and Mrs. Dizzle." I guess he would think of Mr. Dizzle as my dad, but I figured since dad would actually be Mr. Rizzle, I could take Mr. Dizzle for myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

website you want to be addicted to? sporcle.com. you're welcome.

-Stephanie

J.D. said...

I've seen that before. It's pretty cool. Thanks.