Monday, May 4, 2009

Hawks/Heat in pictures

So as I promised late last night, here are some pictures from my trek to Atlanta for game 7. The game 7 of the worst 7-game series in the history of 7-game series. Every game in this series was decided by double digits. There were no lead changes after the first inning in any of the seven games. When the Hawks took a two-point lead at the end of the first quarter, I turned to my friends and jokingly said "well, I guess we can go back to Athens, this one's over." I didn't realize how right I would be. The Hawks took control in the second quarter, outscoring the Heat 29-18, and never looked back after that. Even though the final margin was only 13, the game wasn't nearly that close. With about eight minutes left in the game, the Hawks led by 29 points.

It was nice to see the Hawks come through in the clutch in the first game 7 in Philips Arena history. It was also worth the short drive, MARTA passes, and price of admission and a couple of beers. I had a great time. Here are the pictures:

Our view of the court. Mezzanine level, not too shabby



Jermaine O'Neal warming up



ZAZA!! (on the right side)



Warmups, Heat side



One of the Hawks' mascots with some dudes near us



The Hawks lineup gets announced with a drumline playing, getting CRUNK



Action shot



Final score!



That's right baby!



Also, near the end of the game, they played this awesome Zaza montage to pump up the crowd. Needless to say, it worked. Watching it by myself didn't do it the same justice as being in the crowd coming down the stretch of a game 7. Enjoy, and have a nice Tuesday!

No comments: