Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Top 25 Songs of the Aughts

Before I begin, I want to make sure everyone knows this idea is shamelessly stolen from friend of the Neighborhood jrs at A Lifetime of Defeats. Here's a link to his top 100 songs of this decade. In that post he links to Pitchfork's top 500 songs of the decade. Since I'm not nearly the musical connoisseur jrs is, my list is only 25% the length of his, and since neither of us are being paid for our musical opinions, our lists are 5% and 20% the length of theirs. So, without further ado...

25. "Gold Digger" - Kanye West ft. Jamie Foxx
24. "A-Punk" - Vampire Weekend
23. "Doesn't Remind Me" - Audioslave
22. "I'm Shipping Up to Boston" - Dropkick Murphy's
21. "B.O.B." - Outkast
20. "New Slang" - The Shins
19. "Stan" - Eminem ft. Dido
18. "Crazy" - Gnarls Barkley
17. "Jesus Walks" - Kanye West
16. "Punkrocker" - Teddybears STHLM ft. Iggy Pop
15. "One More Time" - Daft Punk
14. "Rehab" - Amy Winehouse
13. "Don't Panic" - Coldplay
12. "Don't Stop the Music" - Rihanna
11. "Flashing Lights" - Kanye West ft. Dwele
10. "Mr. Brightside" - The Killers
9. "King Without a Crown" - Matisyahu
8. "Digital Love" - Daft Punk
7. "LoveStoned/I Think She Knows (Interlude)" - Justin Timberlake
6. "The Real Slim Shady" - Eminem
5. "Hurt" - Johnny Cash
4. "Stronger" - Kanye West
3. "Feel Good Inc." - Gorillaz ft. De La Soul
2. "Knights of Cydonia" - Muse
1. "Hey Ya!" - Outkast

Yes, I think four of the best songs of the past decade were by Kanye West. Sue me.

No comments: